Sunday, August 29, 2010

new kitchen!

its safe to say that I am officially unpacked and settling into my new apartment home - which is located on the line of fort hill and jamaica plain in boston. i love this part of the city -- which makes me feel close yet tucked away. one of my favorite parts about my new place is that the kitchen is HUGE - and theres an outside porch desk thats right off of it. the only draw back is that i would just love more cabinet space. im looking for creative solutions for this -- but that didn't stop me from whipping up a batch of cupcakes to christen the new oven recently installed in the apartment as well.

my friend kevin has a sweet-tooth and has been very interested in a batch of my cupcakes for my new little side project here. besides working with me 9 to 5, kevin also works with the operating rooms of the old "boston city hospital". he happened to be working this friday evening and asked me if i could make him and his coworkers two dozen cupcakes to lift spirits for that start of the weekend shift . i asked him for his favorite recipe and he said "vanilla cupcake, vanilla frosting", so of course i turned to my favorite vanilla vanilla recipe from the lovely amy sedaris.



said they were delicious and that the nurse techs especially loved them. i wish i saved one for myself! i got to give credit the brand new kitchen ware that i got for amazing deals during macys home sale. i also again gotta give mad props to the brand new oven nestled in my favorite room in the house.

two more recipes on deck for this week! let me know if youd like a 6 pack or a batch!

No comments:

Post a Comment