Thursday, October 7, 2010

busy -- but not forgotten.

i haven't posted nearly enough. need to step my game up with this if i want to get it anywhere, right? ive still been baking up a storm over here! promise more experimental recipes and photos soon. ive decided that thursday and sunday nights are my favorite nights to make cupcakes -- and boy am i in the mood to bake right now. i felt like i was neglecting my progress and stories here - so here i am with a little recipe i tried a week ago today.

something that i have always had a hard time dealing with, is wasting food. when baking, i feel that this happens unfortunately too often, since you are buying certain ingredients that are rarely used (especially with my adventurous style of baking) in supplies bigger that you need.

my girl risa and i decided that we wanted to make fall pumpkin spice cupcakes a few weeks ago and one of the ingredients was buttermilk. not only did i not find it in the grocery store after looking for 10 minutes in the milk isle - there were only 5 small cartons of it in the store. regardless, it made our cupcakes on point (and i unfortunately was too tipsy to get pictures of the wonderful teamwork process) but rest assured that they were delicious).

so i have this carton of buttermilk in my fridge thats good until october 15 and there is no way in these times that i was going to waste 4 cups of good ol buttermilk. my ever curious mind got on the interwebs and searched "buttermilk cupcakes". to my surprise, there were so many recipes to try! i went with the Vanilla Buttermilk cupcakes from Baking Bites for my first round. these baked perfectly and had a nice creamy color to them. I brought them into my job bright and early last Friday morning.

Here is the reaction I got:



yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment